Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Is Costa Rica the Adventure Travelers Dream?

I was recently reading an article about Costa Rica from Lonely Planet citing the many adventure opportunities this tiny country offers.  Costa Rica is definitely an adventurers dream.  The often copied Canopy Tour was invented here, but the Ticos also offer exceptional white water rafting through stunning landscapes, surfing for all skill sets, canyoning, active volcanoes to explore, world class deep sea fishing, and great reefs for SCUBA diving. Unless you go there just for the stunning beaches, you will likely be checking a few of these off of your adventure list.  I experienced many of these adventures on my trip to Costa Rica and found them perfectly safe and accommodating for first timers.  These wonderful Costa Rican adventures have added another layer to my travels.  Now, in addition to experiencing the culture, I find myself searching out some sort of active outdoor activity anytime I am visiting a new country.  Since then, I have trudged through muddy caves and via ferrata’d in Puerto Rico, rock climbed and hang glided in Brasil, and deep sea fished in Mexico, and recently hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.  I traveled to Costa Rica on a whim, and it quickly changed who I would be forever.  Costa Rica is an Adventure Travelers Dream, whether you are just thinking about dipping your toe in, or you are just looking for another thrill.
Canyoning in Costa Rica

No comments:

Post a Comment